Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh yes! There is an age limit.

I have a favor to ask.  It's just a wee little favor.  Can everyone acknowledge their correct age and act accordingly?  I understand wanting to stay youthful.  I agree with wanting to feel care free in a world of responsibility and deadlines.  What I do not understand is a 40+ person (I'm being kind with the age) shouting into her phone "OMG WTF?"  At that point she should have hung her head in shame.  Instead as the phone call continues she proceeded to regress in age.  I know I should have walked away, but it was much like a horrific wreck that you just can't turn away from no matter how appalled you are.  I started feeling embarrassed for her then on the fifth or sixth "dude...no way" it turned into judgment and mocking.  At this point I wondered if she was alone in her fantasy.  Really taking a look around I saw another lady advanced in her years wearing Apple Bottom Jeans and get another one with a Juicy wee-shirt, not tee-shirt because that would assume it covered all appropriate areas.  No, this was a wee-shirt.  I'm all for freedom of this, that and the other thing but someone has to monitor this.  I am in my 30's, I have an 11 year old.  There is no point when we would wear the same clothes (not that I would fit in them anyway...thank you for that Starbucks).  If you are 25+ yrs old and shopping for yourself in the jr miss section YOU ARE WRONG!  If you are 30+ yrs old and wearing a mini skirt YOU ARE WRONG!  If you are using teen slang on the phone and you get monthly Botox injections YOU ARE WRONG!  We should not be ashamed of our age, our years of wisdom.  Instead we should use them to our benefit by mocking and judging those younger than ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment