Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Irritations of this Morning...Starbucks this means YOU!

Can someone please explain to me why the Starbucks Barista feels complelled to carry on a lengthy conversation with me?  I want coffee, just coffee..not coffee and commentary.  I'm not mean spirited but I do see the benifits of it.  Scene this morning:

Me: A grande nonfat quad cappuccino wet please
Barista: What was your name?  You know I am so bad at names,(meanwhile payment transaction complete) I try to rhyme them with something but I always forget...
Me: Smiling (so they don't spit in my coffee) and turning to walk away (for the love of all that is holly, shut up, shut up, just make my coffee pleeeease).
Barista:  ...(continuing without a breath) your name is easy though so I don't know why I forget it...
Me: nope still don't care...
Barista: oh I love your necklace where did you get it?  What kind of stone is it?
Me: Ok then thaaaanks (as I take a step to walk to the pick up section)
Barista: grabbing my arm (oh no she did not) So where did you say you got your necklace because it is just beautiful? (help I'm being held captive in starbucks, headlines to read: hostage situation at local Starbucks over the purchasing location of neckalace...news at 10).
Me: I'm going to get my coffee now as you clearly have a line patiently waiting (walking away)
Barista:  Oh yes, but tomorrow you have to tell me where you got that beautiful necklace...ok?  So I'll see you tomorrow then....ok bye.

Things to do today:
-Find new Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment