Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dollars to Doughnuts

Idiom: expresion, word or phrase that has a figurative meaning that is comprehended in regard to a common use of that phrase...
                                    -wikipedia

Idiom: crap that people say because they lack the basic communication skills to articulate a well though out point...
        -Erin S Lee

Examples of such idiocracy:

"dollars to doughnuts" (I have the right to mock anyone who EVER says this)

"beside myself" (really! I understand you may be upset, you may even be devastated but not now or will you ever be able to be "beside myself")

"six of one half a dozen of the other" (wins the redundancy award wins the redundancy award)

"tomorrow is another day" (um...yeah...unless you are Bill Murray) **kisses for those who got the Ground Hog Day reference

"in fine leather" ( I believe when some one is dressed well we should all say this..then get our horse and buggie to go into town)

"a boddice ripper" (I actually love this one...it makes me giggle)

Things to do taday
-get myself into a conversation where I can use the idiom "boddice ripper"

No comments:

Post a Comment