Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Friday, April 9, 2010

When you come out of the store and can't find your car...that's us too!

I think I am still in shock.  I am a bit late to post on this issue but I really had to absorb it.  Now I usually do the light fun posts, however this time I was so horrified by something I read in the Jewish Journal that I had to give my two cents, maybe three or four cents...really more like a half dollar, not two quarters but he big cool real half dollars.

On April 6TH, probably the most disterbing thing I have ever read was published.  It seems the Catholic Church namely, Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Meridiaga, the archbishop of Honduras states that the "Jews" are responsible for the scandal regarding the sexual misconduct of priests in the Catholic Church.  He claims that (to paraphrase) since the Catholic Church is Pro-Palestine and Anti-Israel, that the "Jews" have diverted the media (you know, since the "Jews" own the media) to give disproportionate attention to the Catholic Church scandal.  Really?  Because I don't think there has not been enough attention put on the Catholic Church, or pressure as a matter of fact.  Any priest or person for that matter that has any sexual misconduct towards a child should be blasted on every television, radio and newspaper they should be punished to the full extent of the law.  Then punished beyond that.  The church is supposed to be a place of holiness, sanctuary, peace and solace; all things good, not the equivalent to the creepy neighbor who is far too interested in the neighborhood children. 

How dare someone who is supposed to be working in G-d's name turn this blame away from the doers and protectors of this evil act and onto another people.  The Jews certainly are not responsible for a priest who can't keep it in his pants.  The Jews are certainly not responsible for a so called "righteous" religious sect minimizing and hiding such horrible actions. 

It boggles my mind that the Catholic Church would not want to make these pedophile priests publicly known and publicly dealt with, so the Catholics around the world could feel secure knowing that their church will not tolerate such behavior.  Instead the Catholics of the world can now wonder if there own community church is hiding such atrocities.

An archbishop and one that is in line for Pope, FOR POPE, is accusing the Jews of the bad publicity the Catholic Church is getting.  I thought the church was against anti-sematism.  Apparently all bets are off when they are backed against the wall.  Seriously, don't your congregations deserve better than that.

Since I am always here to help I have compiled a list of things the Catholic Church can blame the Jews for in the future:

1.  When you can't find your car in the mall parking lot
2.  When your skinny jeans don't button anymore
3.  When you can't find your keys
4.  When it rains
5.  When it doesn't rain
6.  When your internet goes down
7.  When your flight is delayed
8.  When your shoe comes untied
9.  When you have a bad hair day
10.  And apparently the all time favorite, when you are a FREAKING PEDOPHILE!!!

*Note to self:  Remind the "Head Jew" to go to your house and turn on all the lights after you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment