Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

More like suicide rather than homicide!

Today is somewhat of a gloomy day.  I have once again managed to kill an Orchid.  You see, I didn't plan on killing it.  I question if I really killed it or if it gave up the will to live on its own.  I did try to take care of it.  I read the instructions; I followed them to the letter, the thing just up and died.  I had had it for about a month and it (is a plant an "it" or are they supposed to be called "he/she") seemed to be ok, then one by one the sad orchids started falling off.  Every couple of day one would fall off.  I swear I could hear the little cries of the dying Orchid, the other Orchids still holding on looking at me in disdain.  At last there was one left, I tried not to look at it, but I could see it/her/him (I really don't know regarding plants and gender) out of the corner of my eye every day.  The last one finally fell; I think it may have flipped me off on the way down though I can't be certain.

So know this is what I have left, I have yet to through it away.  My way of thinking is as long as the stem is still green, the flowers can come back, yes?  Most likely no. 

My stick!  Let me show it to you!
(Pay no attention to the brown leaves, that's..ummm..lighting effects, yeah that's it...FAIL!)



No comments:

Post a Comment