Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

...of beards and birds

So let's pretend its yesterday and this post was written when it should have been, yes?

Upon reaching my beloved Starbucks yesterday today, I crossed paths with a red Ford Focus.  Driving this Ford Focus was a man of about 60ish, heavyset with long white hair, a long white beard and what looked like (from the waist up) red Long Johns with suspenders.  At the same time I noticed him, I noticed the front of his car had a big red nose on the front bumper and on the back window the words "got toys?"  What the...how the...I understand it is not December, I understand I am grown and I do not believe in Santa, furthermore I understand I am a Jew and therefore do not celebrate the holiday associated with Santa.  That being said; none of the above came into my mind as I bounced up and down in my car yelling, "Hey, there's Santa...look it's Santa...why is Santa driving a Ford Focus...dude it's Santa!"

In completely unrelated news:

I came into the office after the Santa sighting (still a little on edge that Santa drives a red Ford Focus) to see this:
You don't know it, but I'm faking!

You see; my coworker found a baby hummingbird outside our office.  Naturally we tried to help it.  We made a sugar water concoction, our hearts were breaking that this little angel could be very hurt and in need of medical attention.  It's chirp was so sad, it seemed so very, very sad.  We called a vet, apparently they don't see birds, um...are they not a vet, do they not treat animals?  Right, so we tried a second vet who said to bring it in...since they are...your know...a VET!  So the diagnosis is the bird is fine, we were to take it back and let it go.  Ummm, yeah, this is the same bird we had in a Tupperware (IKEA brand not Tupperware brand, so probably more like just a plastic container), the same bird that was lovingly covered with a tissue blanket, the same bird who let people pick it up!  The bird was brought back and it proceeded to fly away and not the least bit bothered!  Point of this story...bird owes us $5 in gas money!

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day today damn it, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment