Dedication

My Fema (grandmother) who taught me to take pleasure in the little things, the important things in life and who my most cherished childhood memories are with. She will forever remain in my heart and in my thoughts.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Movin On Up-ish


Well we're movin on up-ish
To the east north west side
To a deluxe better than we have now and only renting it to save money to buy a house apartment in the sky better part of Cypress
Movin on up-ish
To the east north west side
We finally got a piece of the pie our own master bathroom... 


Remember The Jeffersons.  I loved The Jeffersons.  Just like them (only not) we are Movin On Up-ish.  We found a cute little 3 bedroom apartment in Cypress (yes it's the good part...shut it).  It is big enough for now and has room for the kids to play outside and for Gail's BBQ...because I haven't heard quite enough of her "If I had my BBQ" whining.  Like an extra appendage that BBQ is.  There are only 7 others in the complex so it is small which means less people for me to mock and less people for me to ignore.  Not that I'm uppity or anything, I just don't like the general public; people in my business.  I never could have made it back in the 50's and 60's when everyone was all neighborly and "Can I borrow a cup of sugar?" or "Oh, by the way I signed for your package since you were out."  I would have been all rake shaking at the kids who dreaded passing my door. 

Anyway as I was saying it is big enough for now.  It has no dish washer which is really ok since I am always obsessing if they really got the dishes clean and resort to redoing them myself.  What I like is that it has glass shower doors in both bathrooms as to the cloth ones you buy, so that saves me a trip checking behind them before I go to bed.  Think what you will of me but behind a shower curtain is a very good spot for a murderer to hide and plot my stabby death while I sleep.  Behind a shower door not so much because they are see through.  This way of thinking is also why I have to sleep with lots of covers, because it's a known fact that people can not murder you when you have lots of covers on. 

So we will be moving at the end of the month and have packed a whole lot of nothing.  However, we have thought about packing and have moved things from one place to another...if that counts. 

So this post has been kind of long, yes?  So let's recap:
1.  Moving (sans The Jeffersons).
2.  Gail can stop whining and have her BBQ
3.  Never would have made it in the 50's or 60's
4.  Can't trust dish washers
5.  Glass shower doors and lots of covers = no stabby or any other kinds of murder
6.  Zero, zilch, nada progress on the packing thing


P.S.  I'm getting a cat.  Don't tell Gail, ok?

1 comment:

  1. Did someone say BBQ??? Cat, what cat? Unless I get to pick her out.

    ReplyDelete